This week’s update includes news about .VUELOS, .GLOBAL, .CEO, .NYC, .IRISH, and more.
Registry operator Travel Reservations SRL announced the launch schedule for its new highly restricted gTLD .VUELOS as follows:
Start Date Sunrise
A Qualified Launch Period is running until the end of the Sunrise Period, wherein certain eligible partners and “founders” will be given the chance to register certain domains for the purpose of promoting the TLD.
During the Sunrise Phase, trademark rights holders meeting the eligibility requirements below may register their domain names on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that the term applied for is in the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH).
Under General Availability, domains may be registered by those meeting the eligibility requirements below on a first-come, first-served basis.
In order to register or renew a domain under the TLD, you must:
- Own and/or operate an airline or online travel agency that is either headquartered in Uruguay or has companies and/or affiliates incorporated in Uruguay (“affiliate” here to be defined as a person or company that either directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control as the affiliated person or company) as verified and determined by the registry in its sole and exclusive right;
- Have a clear and meaningful nexus with the Uruguayan and Latin American air travel industry as determined by the registry in its sole discretion;
- Select a domain name that corresponds with the name selection requirements (essentially corresponding to a company name or trademark); and
- Possess a bona fide intention to use the domain name in supporting the mission and purpose of the TLD and the Latin American air travel industry.
.MOI – Updated Launch Date for General Availability
Registry operator Amazon Registry Services, Inc. announced that the General Availability launch date for its .MOI TLD is postponed until March 28, 2017.
.GLOBAL – Finnish IDNs and Registry Lock Now Available
The registry for .GLOBAL announced that it now supports domains in the Finnish language. There are no updates to the Registry Reserved Lists following this launch.
Furthermore, a .GLOBAL Registry Lock Service is now available to protect a registered .GLOBAL domain from unauthorized transfer, updates, and deletion.
.CEO and .BEST Release of 2-Character and Reserved Domains
The registry for .CEO and .BEST will release 2-character domains, as well as more than 30,000 reserved domains for registration on February 20, 2017.
.NYC – Domain Auction
The .NYC registry is auctioning off a number of “fashion” domains:
The auction closes on February 28, 2017. Further information can be found at: http://www.auctions.nyc/fashion.html.
.IRISH – Transition of TLD to Donuts with New Pricing and 2-Character Domains from March 1, 2017
Registry operator Donuts acquired the .IRISH TLD and plans to migrate it to the Donuts platform on March 1, 2017 (20:00 UTC). Please note that when this migration occurs, the following updates will be in place:
- Standard domain prices will be reduced.
- Many previously reserved or high-priced names will be available at the standard price
- 2-character domains will be available
- Donuts DPML will apply under its standard terms and conditions for the TLD
- IDNs will be available in French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Arabic, Cyrillic, Devanagari, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Tamil, and Thai
.みんな (Japanese for “Everyone”) and .SOY – Release of Collision Names
Registry operator Google announced it is releasing domain names on the collision list for its .みんな (.xn--q9jyb4c – Japanese for “everyone”) and .SOY TLDs. The domains will be released on March 2, 2017.
Boston Ivy TLDs – Pricing Reductions for .BROKER, .FOREX, .MARKETS, and .TRADING
Registry Operator Boston Ivy announced that from March 6, 2017, the registration, renewal and transfer prices for its .BROKER, .FOREX, .MARKETS, and .TRADING domain names will be significantly reduced. All domain names coming up for renewal on March 6, 2017 and beyond will be adjusted to the new price. All domains that already have renewed this year (January 1 to March 5) will renew at the new price next year and beyond.
Rightside Registry – Release of Remaining 2-Character Domains
Rightside Registry announced that it is releasing the remainder of its 2-character domains for registration. The domains are currently available to government officials and ccTLD operators only; however, from March 15, 2017 (17:00 UTC), these domains will be available to all. If you are interested in these domains before this date, please let us know and we will advise the registry.
Due to the “Platinum” status of some of these domains, some of the 2-character inventory will remain in a reserved state but will be available for brokered sales after the March 15 release.
.HAMBURG – Premium Domain Release
The registry operator for the geoTLD .HAMBURG announced it is releasing a number of premium domains on April 4, 2017 (09:00 UTC) on a first-come, first-served basis.
.MAKEUP – Pricing Update
The registry operator for the .MAKEUP TLD, L'Oréal, announced a price change to its standard pricing for .MAKEUP domains.
Please note, however, that any existing registrations in the TLD as of that date will be changed from standard registrations to a new category called “Discount Premium” registrations.
If you have questions on any of the above, would like more information on a particular domain name launch, or would like to place an order, contact the Corsearch Domain team at firstname.lastname@example.org.